2018 was another exciting year in the Orthopaedic Mechanobiology Lab:
- Jacque was named a World Changer and spearheaded efforts to get a nano-CT system for NC State!
- We had our first AND second doctoral student finish up. Hui defended in February and officially graduated in May, then Jon defended in October (on Halloween!) and graduated in December. Congratulations Drs. Cong and Doering!
- We had National Biomechanics Day and won some awards
- We went to the World Congress of Biomechanics in Dublin
Our undergrads were amazing, as usual:
- Five of them were named Abrams Scholars!
- Sophie won BME Undergrad of the month
- Hannah, Sophie, and Maggie presented at the National Conference on Undergrad research in April
- Maggie’s presentation at the Undergrad Research Symposium in April was named as one of the most outstanding presentations
- Maggie and Carly presented at the summer Undergrad Research Symposium in July
- Josh and Carly presented at SNCURS in November
Lab Photo: (Technically from April 2019, oops!)