- 2014 – (in progress) PhD student in Biomedical Engineering, NCSU/UNC
- B.S. Biomedical Engineering, California Polytechnic State University, 2012
Nicholas is interested in discovering how vascular events impact bone health. Prior to graduate school he made software for CPAs and worked at a cancer pharmaceutical startup company in San Francisco. In his free time he enjoys digging through libraries, consuming coffee and fruit pies, spending time in the garden, fermenting things, and experiencing music.
Awards and Honors:
- Presented a poster at ORS in Austin. February 4, 2019.
- Presented an oral presentation at ORS in New Orleans. March 13, 2018.
- Presented an oral presentation at World Congress of Biomechanics in Dublin, Ireland. July 10, 2018. Presentation was a finalist in the ASME PhD Student Paper Competition.
- Selected Fellow, 11th Fellows Forum on Metabolic Bone Diseases, Sept 2017
- Winner, NC State BME in Art contest, Fall 2016
- Presented a poster at ORS 21 March, 2017
- Presented an oral presentation at ORS in San Diego, CA on March 22, 2017
- NC State Dean’s Doctoral Fellowship 2014-2015
- NC State Graduate Student Transportation Grant, Mar 2016
- BME representative, NC State Graduate Student Research Symposium, Mar 2016